Occupational Medicine Specialists
First Physicians offers top-notch occupational medical services to businesses to help ensure the well-being of their employees. With 3 convenient locations to serve you in Odessa, Texas at; East University, Wendover and Westview, they’re experts at helping companies and their staff prevent work-related illnesses and injuries. First Physicians offers pre-employment physicals and post-employment services with on-site, job specific health and safety evaluations and a wide variety of diagnostic testing and medical services for multiple work-related medical conditions in their clinics.
Occupational Medicine Q & A
Occupational medicine is an area of medical care in which doctors provide medical services to workers. Occupational medicine specialists take a broad scope approach when examining the health and safety of the employees in their care. The specialists at First Physicians:
- Teach workers how to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses, specific to their jobs and their actual physical environment
- Provide professional medical care to workers if they become injured at work, with initial care along with follow-up treatments
- Manage medical care and treatment for workers who experience work-related exposures to safety hazards such as chemical agents, electrical sources, gasses and noxious fumes, or biological agents that can cause illnesses or injuries
- Help promote a culture of health in the workplace by providing information on the importance of health maintenance behaviors such as, but not limited to, smoking cessation, weight management and ways to reduce stress
What types of physicals and tests does First Physicians perform?
- DOT (Department of Transportation)
- Return to work (clearance after an injury)
- Pulmonary function
- Respirator fit
- Physical agility
- Drug (urine and hair)
- Breath alcohol
First Physicians provides preventive medical services and treatment for work-related injuries and illnesses. Whether employees are traveling outside of the US on a work-related trip or injured on duty in the US, the doctors at First Physicians are ready to respond.
- Travel medicine – prophylactic (preventive) medications and immunizations prior to travel
- Workstation ergonomic evaluations
- Diagnostic testing and surveillance screenings (labs and x-rays)
- Orthopedic; back, extremities and joints (pain, strains and sprains)
- Slips and falls
- Puncture wounds
- Blunt force trauma
- Repetitive motion
Many of the providers at First Physicians are Certified Medical Examiners with the US Department of Transportation and are listed on the National Registry. The practice will help you maintain a competitive edge with a well-prepared workforce that functions at optimum levels. Call one of the offices of First Physicians if you need occupational medical services for your company and employees.